
The other day, I noticed a funny post on Facebook from the daughter of one of my dad's long time friends. She was trying to teach him how to use Facebook and he ended up leaving a message for another friend saying how much he had enjoyed their class reunion. I got such a kick out of it.
It made me smile because I started to think about whether my dad would have used Facebook. I pictured myself bugging him to try it so he could look at pictures and keep in touch with people. He may have humored me and looked at a few photos, but computers were not his thing. I used to laugh because on the rare occasion he would get on the computer, he would chicken peck the keyboard with one finger, saying each letter aloud as he went along.
I bet if my dad did have a Facebook profile, he would have posted a few pictures like the one above. He loved to reminisce and reliv sports moments from high school so I can imagine him picking a few out of his boxes and excitedly saying "Here Cole, put this one up!" Even though I always loved hearing those stories, I would have teased him by saying "Okay Uncle Rico" and we would have had a good laugh together. :)
5 comments:
cool photo!
Thanks Steven. I would love to remove the markings from near his face, but I am severely Photoshop challenged. Someday after many tutorials... :)
Nicole dont worry about markings we can see just fine and remember him. All of my fondest memories are with your dad and mom.Told your mom we need to make some new ones!But we would have to really try hard to top them!
Last post was supposed to leave my name Sue Grodi
Thanks Sue. I'm glad you like the blog. I hope it helps you think about all of your great memories with my mom and dad. You guys always had so much fun together. :)
Post a Comment