Saturday, June 26, 2010

Belated


Two pretty significant days have come and gone and I am behind on my posts as usual. May 23rd marked the 6 year anniversary of my dad's passing and Father's Day was just this past Sunday. With the two dates being so close, it can feel like quite the sucker punch some years.

Upon returning from vacation and catching up on the blogs I follow, I was inspired by a sweet little tribute somebody did for their dad. It was just the nudge I needed to begin writing. She ended her post with "However fathers get assigned in the world, I am sure glad I got you." There isn't a statement that could sum it up any better for me.

The photos above are some of my favorite memories with my dad. He was a wrestling coach so we were always roughhousing. For those of you that know me, you know this little series sums up my childhood pretty well. The photos never fail to bring a smile to my face.

Miss you so much, Dad. Happy belated Father's Day.


No comments: