Thursday, January 6, 2011
Happy Birthday Dad!
My dad would have celebrated his 54th birthday today. In honor of him, I wanted to share this sweet little video of a dad and his daughter singing a song together. Could she be any cuter?
It brings back wonderful memories of me and my dad's relationship with music. He loved Classic Rock n' Roll from the 70's. I remember him giving me my very first Fleetwood Mac cassette tape to listen to. I still love them to this day.
When we would ride together in his truck, he would always play the drums on the dashboard and say "Cole, who sings this?" He was always quizzing me, even through college. If I didn't know the answer, I would usually say "Fred Bear." :)
Miss you and love you always, Dad. Happy birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello. I know your sister-in-law Angela. We're friends from high school. She gave me a link to your blog. I wanted to say hello.
We seem to have a few things in common. My name is Nicole, and my dad also called me Cole. He was very into music. We lost my dad Christmas day, 2010. It's been very hard on my family. He was only 48 yrs old. Everyday I think about him and I cry. I can't seem to get past it.
Well anyway, I just wanted to say hello, and that I understand the pain you go through missing your father.
Thanks for sharing it.
Hi Nicole. I'm really glad you contacted me. One of the reasons I decided to do a blog was because I knew there were other people who were experiencing the same thing. I just think it helps to know that you're not alone in your grief.
I'm so sorry about the loss of your dad. I know how painful it is. It is still very new, so I hope you will give yourself time and space to really grieve. Please know that the pain will always be there, but it does ease and shift over time. There will be a day when your happy memories will not be overpowered by the sadness of losing him. If you ever need to chat, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks again for sharing your experience with me. Hang in there.
Post a Comment