Thursday, May 23, 2013

9 Years Ago Today




"Grief is its own thing. It’s not like it’s in me, and I’m going to deal with it. It’s a thing, and you have to be okay with its presence. If you try to ignore it, it will be like a wolf at your door.” - Stephen Colbert
Nine years ago today, we lost my dad. There isn't a day that goes by I don't wish he was still here. Today I choose to remember how lucky I was to have the best dad a girl could ask for. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss my Uncle Mike and think about him all the time; he was such a great guy.

I don't know if I ever told you this, but I was in London a few days after your father passed and I lit a candle for him in Westminster Abbey.

I hope you and your family are doing well.

Randy

Nicole said...

Thank you, Randy. That really means a lot. Hope this finds you well also.